By Telephone & Fax
When contacting Rietumu Bank by phone, customers with Rietumu ID sets, can:
- Check account balances, receive information about payments, card authorisations and transactions;
- Make transfers to Investment, Card and savings accounts;
- Make currency exchange (EUR 5 000 daily limit is applied to real-time FX transactions; transactions above this limit are subject to acceptance of FX dealer during business hours);
- Make external transfers to the pre-defined account details;
- Place Term Deposits.
All you need to have is Rietumu ID number and one-time password from your Digipass.
Round-the-clock information service +371 67025555 is available daily for funds transfers and currency conversions, including weekends and holidays with a break for banking end of day from 10.30 pm to 1.00 am Latvian time.
All transactions and orders are secured by one-time passwords generated by Digipass token. The one-time passwords are valid for only a few minutes and cannot be used twice if intercepted. All calls are logged and stored at the Bank.
Outbound transfers with Rietumu ID
This service allows simple, yet fully secure possibility to make domestic and international transfers just by calling a Bank.
- Complete a template with beneficiary details («Payment with authorization application») which you want to make available for this service;
- Set the daily limit for the beneficiary: maximum - 200 000 EUR;
- Submit the signed template: via Internet Banking system, by fax with a Test Key or personally at the Bank;
- To make transfer based on the above template, call the 24h customer service, name of the beneficiary, amount and one-time password. The funds will be debited at once, intra-bank transfers are real-time, while external transfers are processed according to standard business hours. You may also adjust transaction narrative details or change priority of the transfer;
How Secure is The Service?
- By completing the details of beneficiary, you're signing them either remotely with an electronic signature (or test key) or personally at the Bank. Electronic signature preserves the integrity and consistency of the details of beneficiary as well as limits specified;
- The authorities of the person initiating transaction, as well as the person who signed the template with the details of beneficiary are automatically validated every time you make such transfer;
- It is up to you to choose the limit for transfers towards the beneficiary specified; It is out of the bank's control to change the limit without re-signing the template;
- Every transfer based on template is authorized with one-time password from the customer's Digipass token, thus it is not possible to initiate a transfer without one;
- The Bank's employee cannot use templates that are not intended for the account, currency or channel selected by the customer;
- The Bank's employee cannot alter the beneficiary details, specified in template;
External transfers can be also performed with a test key, generated using the software "Signature" from your Rietumu ID set. This service is available during Bank working hours.
Having the Internet banking implemented, we still keep the option of managing your bank account by fax. Using fax banking you may perform virtually any operation.
There’s no sign up fees for using fax banking, however there's a fee that is charged for every instruction received by fax.
Security of the transactions is based on so-called “Test tables” that customer is given, during the account opening process. The “Test tables” are individual for every customer and contain unique information on generating the keys for every fax order to the Bank.
How to submit order to the Bank by fax
1. Complete and sign desired form or letter: e.g. payment order form, forex order form, internet banking application, etc.
2. Calculate the ‘’Test Key’’ according to the instructions supplied in your account-opening package and write it on the completed form.
- Non-financial instructions, like card or term deposit application forms, letters to the bank, etc., can be signed with Rietumu ID and one-time password from your Digipass. In this case, make sure you specify one-time password right before submitting the fax, as validity of the one-time password in only a few minutes;
- Payment instructions should contain Rietumu ID and a Test key, calculated using Signature application included in your Rietumu ID set.
3. Submit the order to the Bank by fax (24h) at: +371 6702 5588 or +371 67025586, or the scanned document by email firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Call back at +371 6702 5555 and check with the 24h Customer Service representative, if the transmission has been successful and your order was accepted.