FAQ: About Rietumu Bank
- ↑↓Where is Rietumu Bank located?
Rietumu Bank is a Latvian bank located in Riga, Latvia.
Latvia is an EU Member State in North-Eastern Europe, on the shore of the Baltic Sea, and across from the Scandinavian Peninsula.
- ↑↓Does Rietumu Bank physically exist, or is it just an Internet site?
Rietumu Bank is not just an internet site. The Bank's main office is located in Riga, Latvia on Vesetas Street. Aside from that, Rietumu Bank has several representative offices worldwide.
- ↑↓Can I visit the bank personally?
We welcome to visit the Bank personally by coming to Riga. All Rietumu Bank offices work from Monday through Friday.
- ↑↓How long has the Bank existed?
Rietumu Bank was registered on May 14th 1992, and has existed for 20 years. You can find out about our Bank's history and development in the Bank History section.
- ↑↓How many employees work for the Bank?
Currently there are more than 600 employees working for Rietumu Bank.
- ↑↓Where can I find out information about Rietumu Bank's financial performance?
- ↑↓Where do I call when I need help?
Rietumu Bank has 24-hour Customer Service, which is available by calling: +371 67025555. Phone numbers of other departments are published across our site in the sections dedicated to departments.
- ↑↓What languages do your employees speak?
Rietumu Bank employees speak English, Russian, French and Latvian.
- ↑↓I live in a different time zone, what is the best time to call?
You can call our information service anytime by: +371 67025555, or ask questions via e-mail: email@example.com.
- ↑↓Does the Bank have International Offices?
Rietumu Bank has several international representative offices and partners. The addresses are available in the Worlwide offices section.
- ↑↓How reliable is the Bank?
Starting from 1994, Rietumu Bank annually passes an international audit and successfully fulfills the requirements of international and national capital availability and liquidity. Annual and interim reports are published in the Financial Performance section.
- ↑↓What is the meaning of the word "Rietumu"?
Translated from Latvian, "Rietumu" means "Western", so the Bank's name can be translated as Western Bank.
- ↑↓What laws regulate the operation of Rietumu Bank?
The Performance of Latvian banks and Rietumu Bank, is regulated by the Law on Credit Institutes of the Republic of Latvia.
- ↑↓Are Rietumu Bank's deposits insured?
Deposit Guarantee Law of the Republic of Latvia guarantees the repayment of amounts due to all customers of Latvian banks in the amount of EUR 100 000 for every customer (but no more than the deposit amount).
- ↑↓There are many banks in Latvia. Why should I work with Rietumu Bank?
Rietumu Bank is one of the largest banks in Latvia and has gained a great reputation of a reliable partner in the international bank community.
Currently, Rietumu Bank has a leading position in working with corporate customers. In this sector every fifth company in Riga is our customer.
The Bank has successful experience in working with financial markets and offers great services in this field.
One of the biggest advantages of Rietumu Bank is the individual approach to all customers and the consideration of our customers requests. These requests are handed in the shortest possible time.
Rietumu Bank is one of the leaders in the Information Technology sector. The interactive system iRietumu gives wide options for remote operations with accounts, allows real-time transactions, and provides great reliability and security.